pNeuton model S Ventilator
pNeuton model S Ventilator with CPAP for EMS Ground and Air Transport
pNeuton model S ventilator provides mask CPAP plus volume or pressure ventilation for pediatric to adult patients for pre-hospital and hospital environments; with simple-to-use controls – Tidal Volume, Respiratory Rate and Pressure Limit.
For early intervention, the built-in CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) system allows you to start with face mask CPAP and if the patient needs it, seamlessly provide ventilation without interruption. Fully pneumatic, the pNeuton S does not use batteries or electrical power to provide ventilation with readiness for operation.
Meeting the Needs for the Most Challenging Patients in Respiratory Distress
The built-in high output demand flow CPAP system with automatic sensitivity insures critical care ventilation needs are optimized for spontaneous and mandatory breaths.
A CPAP system that works with your patient, providing low spontaneous work of breathing compared to disposable CPAP mask options and other transport ventilators. A choice of 100% or 65% oxygen delivery lets you significantly extend transport times to help you care for the most difficult patients, from trauma site to the emergency room, to the MRI, for inter-facility transport, wherever the patient may be located.
Benefits for the Patient
- Provides invasive or non-invasive patient support
- Low patient Work of Breathing with peak flow of up to 140 L/min to meet patient needs
- 100% or 65% to match patient oxygen requirements
- Switch from mask CPAP to invasive ventilation seamlessly and without interruption
- Low-profile, easy-seal mask reduces facial pressure
Benefits for the Healthcare Provider
- Calibrated CPAP and oxygen controls for easy operation
- MRI conditional up to 3 T – place right next to the scanner with remote alarm output for the control room
- Manometer to monitor patient pressure and effort
- Built-in CPAP / PEEP system with automatic sensitivity for changing patient needs; no need for external CPAP valves
- Night visible pressure gauge for patient monitoring
- Monitor CO2 with invasive/non-invasive ventilation
- Oxygen powered – no batteries to change
- Rugged and lightweight (6 lbs / 2.7 kg)
- Use the bacteria / viral filter to protect caregiver from patient exhalation
Benefits for Your Budget
- Two oxygen levels; conserve oxygen with 65% setting
- 45-minute CPAP run time on a D cylinder
- Demand flow CPAP system with minimal wasted oxygen
- Economical patient circuits save on operating costs
- No batteries or electronics decrease maintenance cost
pNeuton Model S StartUp Kit P/N 20012
- Pneumatically operated for use on pediatric and adult patients > 23 kg
- Demand flow system for spontaneous breathing to 140 L/min
- Pressures displayed on manometer
- Modes of Operation: CMV, IMV, CPAP, Pressure Limit
- Mandatory breath flow rate is fixed at 36 L/min
- MRI conditional – 3 T or less, maximum spacial gradient magnetic field of 720-gauss/cm or less, no gauss line restriction
- Weight: 6 pounds (2.7 kg)
- Dimensions: 4″ H x 8″ W x 6″ D (10 x 20 x 15 cm)
- Input gas requirement: 55 psi ± 15 psi (3.8 bar ± 1 bar)
- Classification according to MDD 93/42/EEC: IIb
- Meets International Standards for transport ventilators:
- ASTM: Ventilators Intended for Use in Critical Care (F 1100-90)
- ISO: Lung Ventilators for Medical Use, Part 3 (EN 794-3:1999)
Mandatory Breaths: ON or OFF
Respiratory Rate: 2 to 50 bpm
Tidal Volume: 360 to 1,500 ml
Peak Pressure: 10 to 75 cm H2O (mbar)
PEEP / CPAP: 0 to 20 cm H2O (mbar)
Oxygen: 100% or 65%
Audible and Visual Alarms
- All pneumatic alarm system (no batteries)
- Low gas source pressure
- If source gas drops below 30 psi (2 bar)
- Continues operation as long as oxygen is available
pNeuton Model S Product Brochure: English | Espanol | Deutsch | Francais
pNeuton Model S Operator’s Manual: English | Espanol | Deutsch | Francais
pNeuton Model S Operational Verification Checklist: English | Espanol | Deutsch | Francais
pNeuton Model S Self-Guided Presentation: English | Espanol | Deutsch | Francais
pNeuton Model S Introduction Video: English
pNeuton Model S Preventative Maintenance Program: English
pNeuton Model S Limited Warranty: English
pNeuton Model S in EMS Magazine 2009: English
Browse Order Information for the pNeuton Model S
20002 pNeuton Model S ventilator, device only
20012 pNeuton Model S Startup Kit; everything you need to get started using your new ventilator.
- (1) pNeuton Model S
- (1) DISS high pressure oxygen hose, 8 foot (2.4m), green (ISO color hose available)
- (1) Model S Travel Bag
- (1) Box of 58011 patient circuits – 6 foot (1.8m), large adult mask / head strap, single patient use, qty 10
58001 Adult / pediatric, disposable, single use, 6 foot (1.8m), qty 15
58006 Adult / pediatric, disposable, single use, 6 foot (1.8m), expiratory filter, qty 15
58011 Adult / pediatric, disposable, single use, 6 foot (1.8m), large face mask / head strap, qty 10
58021 Adult / pediatric, disposable, single use, 6 foot (1.8m), large face mask / head strap, expiratory filter, qty 10
SAFETY NOTE: Only Airon manufactured patient breathing circuits are approved for use with pNeuton ventilators.
CPAP Mask, adult / pediatric, non-vented full face mask, short term use, qty 20
HERO CPAP Mask, adult / pediatric, non-vented full face mask, single patient use, qty 20
21001 Mobile Stand, MRI compatible. Includes ventilator mounting plate and dual E cylinder holders.
21017 Bed Rail Mount, Model S
21018 Secure Pole / Rail Mount with ventilator mounting plate. *Meets European EN 1789 requirements.
21020 Travel Bag, Model S
21002 Rigid Wall Test Lung, 1 liter
21051 Oxygen Regulator, MRI compatible, high pressure D / E cylinders
21071 Oxygen Cylinder, E size, MRI compatible
Specialty Quick Connect Couplers
21100 Ohmeda Female, 3 inch hose
21101 Chemtron Female, 3 inch hose
21102 90 degree Male – Female DISS
Specialty Quick Connect Fittings
50347 Ohmeda Quick Connect
50348 Chemtron Quick Connect
97001 pNeuton S Operator’s Manual, English
Other languages available.
97021 User Resource CD
97025 Clinical Training DVD
Bray says another big benefit of the pNeuton model S is the ability to have the ventilator.“We use the ventilator during cardiac arrests, and it frees up a person for resources,” Bray says. “It’s kind of like a force multiplier. When we put the patient on a ventilator, the paramedic is free to work on other aspects of the patient.”
EMS World Magazine
Ronald Bray – Nature Coast EMS Lecanto, FL
The quality and simplicity of it [pNeuton model S] was that it could be easily purchased, it came contained in one unit with its own bag and hoses, it was designed to be utilized in an ambulance, the amount of oxygen it utilizes was significantly less than prior devices we had used so it offered cost savings and efficiency, and it was compact, light and required very little teaching time.
EMS World Magazine
John Logan – Director of Community LifeTeam Inc., Harrisburg PA
Airon’s pNeuton model S transport ventilator provides adult/pedatric volume or bi-level pressure ventilation and high-performance CPAP in EMS environments. Pure pneumatic technology eliminates the need for batteries. A choice of 100% or 65% oxygen delivery lets providers significantly extend transport times-up to 45 minutes on a D Cylinder.
EMS World Magazine
Distance from appropriate medical facilities or time spent getting into and out of some of the more harrowing locales we encounter proves an ongoing need for quality ventilation equipment…The pNeuton S meets these challenges for Clay County.
EMS World Magazine
Captain Bernita Bush, MPA, EMT-P – Clay County Fire Rescue, Green Cove Springs FL
Beyond it’s petite size (4″ x 8″ x 6”) and weight (6 lbs.), the main attraction of the pNeuton S was it’s ability to deliver continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP). Quad City Med Force used other ventilators previously, but those lacked CPAP capability.
EMS World Magazine