Get To Know Us
40+ Years of Proven Experience
Airon Corporation is a team of healthcare, manufacturing and marketing professionals dedicated to bringing you high-technology pneumatic life support products for emergency medicine and critical care.
Established in 1997, Airon Corporation is a privately held company focused on maximizing our patented oxygen-powered gas control technology. The inherent safety and long-term reliability of this technology make our ventilators and CPAP systems unique in today’s world of electronics. All of our products are proudly made in Melbourne, Florida, USA.
Our team has more than 40 years of proven experience in medical product design and manufacturing, as well as research and clinical care in respiratory therapy, critical care medicine, and emergency response teams. We are always looking for new opportunities to make ventilation safer and more responsive to your patients.
Our Technology’s History
Airon’s patented CPAP and ventilation technology has been in clinical use since 1986. And we continually enhance our technology to help improve outcomes for critically ill patients.
- The air ambulance team at the University of Florida, ShandsCair, was unsatisfied with the transport ventilators available at that time. They wanted higher ventilating pressure capabilities and internal CPAP with low patient breathing effort. The first prototype was developed for ShandsCair in 1986. It received the hospital’s IRB approval as a custom device for use under the direct supervision of a physician.
- ShandsCair used the prototype ventilator for many years, in over 1,500 critical care transports.
- In 1990, the University of Florida hospital’s Respiratory Care Service expanded the use of our ventilators and adapted a policy to use them hospital-wide. Those great little prototypes have since been replaced with a fleet of pNeuton ventilators. The pNeutons are used every day transporting critically ill patients to all areas of the hospital, including the operating rooms, radiology, MRI, and wherever patients require respiratory support.
- Airon Corporation was established in 1997 to take the technology and move it into commercial products.
- In 2003, patents were awarded and FDA approval was received for the pNeuton.
- The first pNeuton ventilators were shipped in 2004. (Today, pNeuton ventilators are in use throughout the world.)
- The MACS stand-alone CPAP system was developed in 2008. This device takes the high-quality CPAP technology from the pNeuton ventilators and makes it available in an easy-to-use, rugged, lightweight device.