Maintain Peak, Cost-Effective Ventilator Performance
Keeping your ventilators running at peak level is something within your control. A preventive maintenance program can be your greatest defense against unnecessary risk, especially one that could severely impact patient safety in the event of a breakdown.
The cost of unplanned technical service, or worse yet, failure can include:
- Lost productivity
- Cancelled procedures or transport
- Slower response to emergencies
- Diagnostic faults with the ventilator in operation
- Higher costs for parts and shipping
Studies show that unplanned maintenance typically costs 3 to 9 times more than planned maintenance.
Proactive, Preventative Maintenance is Just Plain Smart
Being proactive with your equipment will save you time and money, and support the reliability and extend the life of your ventilators. And the best time to do preventive maintenance is when your equipment is still working.
The direct benefits of preventive maintenance include:
- Minimized ventilator failure and breakdowns
- Reduced downtimes when devices are not available
- Less expensive corrective repairs
- Safety for patient and healthcare provider
- Prolonged ventilator productive life
Two Easy Steps to Get the Maximum Life from Your Airon Ventilators
All medical devices have a defined life cycle for quality, safety and continued effectiveness in meeting performance specifications. Here’s how to get the most from your equipment:
Follow Airon’s established comprehensive preventive maintenance program, performed every 2 years. Maintenance includes, but is not limited to: adjustments, cleaning, lubrication, repairs, and parts replacements. When you follow this maintenance program, your Airon ventilators can have an expected maximum life span of 10 years.
For the safety of continued product use beyond its expected 10-year life, Airon recommends a Factory Refurbish/Rebuild manufacturing process.
A complete Factory Rebuild includes:
- Replacement of enclosure, pressure gauge and all control knobs so the ventilator will look brand new
- Installation of the Preventive Maintenance kit which contains various components including tubing, filters, check valves, and alarm components
- Replacement of all key internal components, ensuring all parts are up to the latest specifications and revisions
- Complete inspection of the device
- Calibration and testing to meet factory specifications
All Factory Rebuild processes are performed by Airon Corporation at Airon’s Melbourne, Florida facility.
The Rebuild program is designed to ensure proper performance of the ventilator; your ventilator will look and perform like new and come with a 1 year warranty and follow the required 2 year Preventive Maintenance schedule once again. Get the details here.